Part-time Early Childhood Educator (2 Positions)
Dept. / Campus:
Child Development Centre/Off Campus
March 19, 2021
March 28, 2021
Support Staff Regular Part-time Position
(Part-time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
We require qualified Early Childhood Educators to model the philosophy of the Conestoga College Early Learning Programs and maintain professional relationships with children, families, and Educators. The incumbent implements quality programs for children aged 0-12 years old. Candidates are responsible for upholding the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and the Staff Handbook guidelines.
The successful candidate will be employed on a Regular part time basis and may be scheduled to work at the following Child Development Centre: Driftwood, Kitchener.
Hours of work are between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; up to 24 hours per week. (Morning or Afternoon shift)
Hourly Rate: $25.38/hr
- Plans and adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and implements quality programming for children ages 0-12 years old
- Ensures that the basic needs of children are met, including health and safety
- Provides ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur
- Communicates respectfully with parents and ensures that messages are passed on to both parents, and other staff
- Ensures that any unusual situations are shared with Supervisor
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to team discussions, and participates in professional development that is made available
- Other related duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear criminal reference check and up to date immunization records required
- Applicants are required to apply directly through Conestoga at:
- Applications will be accepted until March 28, 2021.