Municipality of Brockton
Brockton Child Care Centre
Candidates must be self-motivated, flexible, energetic and have the ability to build trust and positive relationships with children and their families.
- Teaches gross motor skills, dramatic play, use of senses and science.
- Supervises children in a variety of settings such as out of doors, in the classroom and in the sleep room.
- Encourages children to participate, play cooperatively, problem solve, share and learn about safety.
- Integrates separate individual programs for special needs children in with the regular program.
- Assists with planning and organizing special events, field trips and parties.
- Assists children with hygiene activities.
- Responds to telephone enquiries, giving out information and taking messages.
- Assists in various cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Must adhere to current Public Health guidelines and Brockton Child Care Centre’s Covid-19 protocols.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Equivalency
- Registered member of the College of ECE
- Experience in the Child Care field
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow direction and work independently
- Valid First aid/CPR
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
Julie Farrell, Human Resources Generalist
100 Scott St., Box 68
WALKERTON, Ontario N0G 2V0
The Municipality of Brockton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Municipality of Brockton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Municipality of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.