TYPE: 2 Full-time Postions
Provide nurturing, play-based early learning to support each child in realizing their potential while giving families peace of mind.
The Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) collaborates closely with all other members of the program team to provide nurturing play-based early learning to support each child in realizing their potential while giving families peace of mind.
Job duties are performed in accordance with Owl’s Program Statement, policies, values and beliefs, the Child Care and Early Years Act and the College of ECEs Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, under the supervision of the Centre Supervisor.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registered member of the College of ECEs in good standing
- Practicum experience in a child care setting gained through post-secondary program or equivalent
- Standard First Aid and CPR (level C) training
- Demonstrated knowledge of domains of childhood development
- Knowledge of the Child Care & Early Years Act, its regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of How Does Learning Happen?, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.
- Knowledge of curriculum theories, observation and documentation techniques
- Knowledge of a diversity of family contexts and the impact these have on our work with children.
- Competitive wages; $0.25 increase every six months until top salary is reached
- Health & dental benefits (cost-shared 60% by Owl) for eligible employees,
- short and long-term disability coverage, life insurance,
- self-funded RRSP deductions
- Cost of yearly CECE professional membership paid by Owl for eligible employees
- Possibility for advancement within the organization
- Management positions are often hired internally
- Many professional development opportunities are paid for by Owl
START DATE: March 4, 2019
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Michele Little, CHRP – HR/Admin Coordinator
Owl thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Owl Child Care Services is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process. Alternate formats of this document are available upon request.