Our Place Family Resource and Early Years Centre is a vibrant Family Resource Centre, focusing on early learning and family support. Our Place operates the EarlyON Child and Family Centre mobile sites.
Our Place is currently hiring Casual/Relief RECE positions
Qualifications: Must be a registered member with the College of Early Childhood Educators or be eligible to apply.
Strong candidates for this position will have: 3-5 years experience working in programs with children from birth to age six and their families, preferably in a community setting.
- Proven experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and/or experience with emergent curriculum, play based learning and early learning pedagogy, specifically the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen? document.
- Experience and strong competency with parent engagement
- Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in French and/or other languages an asset.
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Access to vehicle is required
Responsibilities include: Implementing play based, child and family centered activities and programs that promote early learning and support children’s holistic development. Providing a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment that supports a sense of belonging for children and their families. Assisting families in accessing information and community resources related to child development and early learning. Set-up program areas that result in an environment that is safe and welcoming with various inclusive invitations to play. Travelling to various locations across Waterloo Region to deliver EarlyON mobile site programs and services.
Hours of work: varied
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to Jennifer Jordan, Early Years Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for your interest, please note we will only contact those to be offered an interview.