Qualifications: Must be a registered member with the College of Early Childhood Educators or be eligible to apply.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- 3-5 years experience working in programs with children from birth to age six and their families, preferably in a community setting.
- Proven experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and/or experience with emergent curriculum, play based learning and early learning pedagogy, specifically the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen? document.
- Experience and strong competency with parent engagement
- Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in French and/or other languages an asset.
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Access to vehicle is required
- Implementing play based, child and family centered activities and programs that promote early learning and support children’s holistic development
- Providing a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment that supports a sense of belonging for children and their families.
- Assisting families in accessing information and community resources related to child development and early learning.
- Set-up program areas that result in an environment that is safe and welcoming with various inclusive invitations to play
- Travelling to various locations across Waterloo Region to deliver EarlyON mobile site programs and services
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm. Some evening and/or weekend work is required depending on programming and need.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to Jennifer Jordan, Early Years Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest, please note we will only contact those to be offered an interview.
Closing date: August 5, 2019