Our Place, Family Resource and Early Years Centre is a vibrant Family Resource Centre and Ontario Early Years Centre focusing on early learning and family support. .
Must be a registered member with the College of Early Childhood Educators or be eligible to apply.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- 3- 5 years experience working in programs with children from birth to age 6 and their families, preferably in a community setting.
- Proven experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Proven experience working within an emergent, play based early learning and literacy based framework.
- Knowledge of Family Support Principles.
- Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Second language an asset
- Standard First Aid with infant/child/adult CPR required
- Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Implementing developmentally appropriate activities and programs that promote early learning.
- Providing an inclusive environment that is enriched with early learning opportunities that promote early literacy, language development, social skills
- Providing a safe environment for children in the program
- Assisting families in accessing information and community resources related to child development and early learning.
- Set-up and take-down of program equipment and materials
- Ability to multi task to ensure the safety of all the children under their direct supervision, within the program guidelines
If interested, please email resume to Jennifer Jordan, Early Years Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 519-571- 0621
Thank you for your interest. Please note, we will only contact those to be offered an interview
CLOSING DATE: January 30, 2015