The focus of this work will be engaging with Immigrant families and their children under 6 years of age. Consideration will be given to a Peer Group Facilitator with an understanding of the immigration experience. Successful completion of the Regional Peer Worker training is also an asset.
This is a contract position from September 5th to December 21st 2017. Hours may vary depending on funding and program demand. Currently, hours include; Tuesday afternoons 12:30-3:00pm and Wednesday mornings 9:00am-12:00pm on a weekly basis.
- Must share similar life experiences with participants.
- Post- secondary education in educational studies or social services, an asset
- Group facilitation experience, an asset.
- Background in parental support
- Must possess Infant and Child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must provide an acceptable Police Records Check and Children’s Services Check in order to ensure suitability for working with vulnerable populations.
- Human relations skills, including knowledge of communication and observational techniques.
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Second Language an asset