Our Place, Family Resource and Early Years Centre is a vibrant Family Resource Centre and Ontario Early Years Centre focusing on early learning and family support.
Must be a registered member with the College of Early Childhood Educators or be eligible to apply.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
3- 5 years experience working in programs with children from birth to age 6 and their families, preferably in a community setting.
- Proven experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and/or experience with emergent curriculum, play based learning and early learning pedagogy, specifically the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen? document.
- Knowledge of Family Support Principles.
- Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Second language an asset
- Standard First Aid with infant/child/adult CPR required
- Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
Implementing play based, child centered activities and programs that promote early learning and support children’s holistic development
Providing a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment that supports a sense of belonging for children and their families.
Assisting families in accessing information and community resources related to child development and early learning.
Set-up and take-down of program equipment and materials
Ability to multi task to ensure the safety of all the children under their direct supervision, within the program guidelines
Hours of work: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday mornings with the possibility of additional hours. Some evening and/or weekend work are required depending on programming and need.
If interested, please email resume to Jennifer Jordan, Early Years Manager, at email@example.com or fax resume to 519-571- 0621
Thank you for your interest. Please note, we will only contact those to be offered an interview
Closing date: Friday October 28, 2016