Invites applications for
SUPPLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (Ongoing)
- To provide classroom coverage
- To provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time childcare staff with daily Centre routines and in the delivery of stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based programming
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent would be an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
COVID-19 Vaccine Verification – As a condition of employment you are required to provide confirmation that you are fully vaccinated against covid-19 or commitment to obtain, within 30 days of hiring, full vaccination or proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the YW Kitchener-Waterloo.
Pay rate: $19.656 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: As needed, Monday to Friday
Please respond in writing indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file for 6 months. In the event that we have a position that matches your qualifications we will contact you to arrange an interview.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.