450 King St East, Cambridge ON
- Understands and complies with Provincial, Municipal and Morningside Montessori School Policies.
- Supports a consistent child-centred program in accordance to the Montessori philosophy.
- Completes required documentation and observations of children’s development and interactions. Maintains qualifications and certifications as required by Morningside Montessori School and Provincial standards.
- Supporting the children as needed throughout the classroom work periods, outdoor times, transitions, lunch, diapering/toileting, arrival and dismissal.
- Having open, professional, positive communication between co-workers and caregivers.
- Cleaning/Sanitization and up keep of the classroom and other areas as needed.
- Redirect, guide and support children towards independence in collaboration with the Head Directress.
- Work together as a collaborative member of the teaching team.
- Provide safe and nurturing supervision and daily programming of toddler and preschool children.
- Guide, model and support a calm positive environment for the children.
- Engage actively with the children to support enriched learning experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with young children in a childcare setting
- Standard First Aid Level C CPR, AED (required)
- Early Childhood Education diploma (required)
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (required)
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and families
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work any combination of hours between 7:30am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday
- Have strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Professional, reliable, flexible individual that supports a team environment.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.