The RECE Teacher will work in our Morning Preschool and SPARK classes along side the Supervisor/RECE Teacher.
- Assist senior staff in planning, preparing and carrying out
developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conduct activities with children on an individual and group basis.
- Teach in a variety of techniques which include modeling,
observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing.
- Provide positive guidance to children, including redirecting, positive language and positive reinforcement.
- Support and guide duty people (e.g., parents, grandparents, care-givers) in the classroom.
- Work diplomatically and communicate effectively with a variety of people, including senior staff, children, parents, the executive board and various agency representatives.
- A diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Current registration with the College of Early Childhood
- Demonstrated practical understanding of implementing an emergent curriculum, and supporting the developmental needs of preschool-aged children.
- Experience working in a co-operative or non-profit preschool environment an asset
- A Vulnerable Sector Check, valid First Aid/CPR certificate and all necessary up-to-date immunizations
- Working knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Child and Family Services Act.
Our program runs for 40 weeks between September 2, 2014 and June 25, 2015. The RECE Teacher works approximately 20 hours per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We offer competitive wages along with paid professional development time and activities.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 31, 2014.