Lakeshore Co-Operative Nursery School is currently recruiting for a part time teaching position beginning February 2019, and is inviting all interested RECEs to apply. Working hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm.
We are a non-profit co-operative organization who, for the past 40 years, have been recognized for providing high-quality childcare each day. Currently we operate preschool and toddler programs that service families in the Kitchener/Waterloo community.
If you are looking to join a co-operative and collaborative organization, whose philosophy and programs focus on the uniqueness of each child and his/her family, then we would like to hear from you.
Teaching Staff are responsible for:
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment to support a high quality early learning and childcare program.
- Planning, developing and implementing programs of stimulating activities which promote the physical, social emotional and intellectual well-being of the children.
- For RECE positions, a diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalency and current registration with the College of ECE as outlined in the CCEYA.
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of Emergent Curriculum and the developmental needs of children, with the ability to confidently implement a program.
- Solid understanding of “How does Learning Happen?”
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced, flexible environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with special needs children is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the CCEYA.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Records check.
- Proof of up to date immunizations for TB, Tetanus and MMR.
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Certificate in Safe Food handling is an asset.
Please send your resume, with cover letter, telling us about your experience in a play-based setting, along with copies of your academic credentials by January 19, 2019.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Or mail to:
Lakeshore Co-Operative Nursery School
315 Northlake Dr.
Waterloo, ON N2V 1W5