Lakeshore Co-Operative Nursery School is currently recruiting
for a teaching position beginning September 2014, and is inviting all interested RECE’s, to apply.
We are a non-profit co-operative organization, who for the past
36 years, have been recognized for providing high-quality childcare each day. Currently, we operate preschool and toddler programs that service families in the Kitchener/Waterloo
If you are looking to join a collegial and collaborative
organization, whose philosophy and programs focus on the uniqueness of each child and his/her family, then we would
like to hear from you.
Teaching Staff are responsible for:
• Assisting in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and
caring environment to support a high quality early learning and childcare program.
• Planning, developing and implementing programs of stimulating activities which promote the physical, social emotional and intellectual well-being of the children.
• For RECE positions, a diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalency and current registration with the College of ECE as outlined in the Day
• Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of Emergent Curriculum and the developmental needs of children, with the ability to confidently implement a program.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
team, in a fast paced, flexible environment with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of Day Nurseries Act (DNA).
• Current Vulnerable Sector Police Records check.
• Proof of up to date immunizations for TB, Tetanus and MMR.
• Experience working with special needs children is an
• Up to date First Aid and CPR training
As a progressive organization, who wishes to hire and retain the best staff, we offer:
• Competitive wages
• Paid prep time
• Paid professional development
Please send your resume, with cover letter, telling us about
your experience in a playbased setting, along with copies of your academic credentials by July 11th, 2014.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Or mail to:
Lakeshore Co-Operative Nursery School
315 Northlake Dr.