We are a non-profit co-operative organization who, for the past 40 years, have been recognized for providing high-quality childcare each day. Currently we operate preschool and toddler programs that service families in the Kitchener/Waterloo community.
If you are looking to join a co-operative and collaborative organization, whose philosophy and programs focus on the uniqueness of each child and his/her family, then we would like to hear from you.
Summary of the Position
The Supervisor must have a high degree of emotional and physical stamina, a high level of empathy, maturity, patience, objectivity and have the capacity to form meaningful relationships with children and their families, staff and volunteers, based on a genuine interest in helping them.
The Supervisor must ensure procedures carry out the requirements under the CCEYA, policy decisions of the LCNS Board of Directors and fulfill the goals and objectives of LCNS in offering a nursery school program for children ranging in age from 18 months to 5 years.
- For RECE positions, a diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalency and current registration with the College of ECE as outlined in the CCEYA.
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of Emergent Curriculum and the developmental needs of children, with the ability to confidently implement a program.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced, flexible environment with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of the CCEYA.
- 3 years experience in a play based setting.
- Familiar with a co-op environment an asset.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Records check.
- Proof of up to date immunizations for TB, Tetanus and MMR.
- Experience working with special needs children is an asset.
- Up to date First Aid and CPR training
Please send your resume, with cover letter, telling us about your experience in a play-based setting, along with copies of your academic credentials by December 20, 2017.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Or mail to:
Lakeshore Co-Operative Nursery School
315 Northlake Dr.