EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
YW Kitchener Waterloo St. Paul Childcare Centre
invites applications for the temporary full-time position of
CHILDCARE WORKER I (Unionized position)
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Experience with preschool age children preferred
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $21.438 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Approximately 10 weeks
Please respond in writing by November 25, 2018, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Andrea Hardy, Manager
YW St. Paul Childcare Centre
45 Birchcliffe Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.