RECE Resource Consultant
The successful candidate will collaborate with early childhood educators, families and other professionals to provide quality programming for children enrolled in licensed child care programs. S/he will complete functional assessments, direct intervention, provide consultation to enhance the capacity of a licensed early learning/child care program to include all children, monitor growth and development and provide information and in-service training to early childhood educators and families.
- The successful candidate will possess an Early Childhood Education degree or Diploma, a Resource Teacher certificate (or equivalency), be registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Ontario) and a minimum of two years’ direct experience working in a licensed early learning and child care program with children who have complex needs.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of child development, child care best practices, family dynamics, inclusive early learning, early childhood/special needs programming, and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEY) and the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA), Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated competency and skill in the use of computers and software (e.g., MS Office, databases, e-mail, internet).
- Current Standard First Aid is an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Start date: March 2019
Please forward your resume and cover letter no later than March 11, 2019 (at 5:00 pm) to:
Attn. Human Resources
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to the selection process for this posting, please advise Human Resources of any accommodation needs to enable your candidacy to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.