CONTRACT PART-TIME RECE Resource Consultant(s)
(Supporting Children 4 - 12 Years)
The successful candidates will collaborate and consult with early childhood educators and other professionals to provide quality programming in supporting a Tier 1 classroom wide model to licensed childcare after school programs.
- The successful candidate will possess an Early Childhood Education Degree or Diploma, a Resource Consultant certificate (or equivalency), and or Child and Youth Worker Degree or Diploma.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Ontario) and a minimum of two years direct experience working in a licensed early learning and childcare program or Early Learning Environment.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of child development, child care best practices, family dynamics, inclusive early learning, early childhood/special needs programming, and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEY) and the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA), Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated competency and skill in the use of computers and software (e.g., MS Office, databases, e-mail, internet).
- Current Standard First Aid is an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Hours: The position is for 20 hours per week (some flexibility required)
Contract Start Date: Approximately August 2019 – August 2020
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by Monday, July 8, 2019:
ATTN: Kristy Heimpel – Manager of Early Learning
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 1906106
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.