Location: Various Locations
Start Date: TBD ~ September 2018
RECE Qualified Rate: $21.754 + %4 vacation
Non-RECE Rate: $18.934 + %4 vacation
Applications will be accepted from all Registered Early Childhood Educators and those in a related field as approved by the Ministry of Education. Please join our Professional Team as we open a brand new centre this September 2018. Thus various positions will become available at all of our centres throughout the Region.
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Child Care Centre or Youth Development Program. The successful applicant will be responsible for using “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, 2014” the document used for the purpose of guiding licensed child care programs under subsection 55 (3) of the CCEYA. The successful applicant for the position will be placed on the RECE grid of the employee agreement, hours will be set by the Supervisor and may vary as program dictates.
Understands and is able to use the document titled “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, 2014. All staff are responsible for understanding and implementing “Intentional Joyfulness ~ Working in Reflective Ways in JHCCC Classrooms ~ Our Living Document” into their daily practice. Staff are responsible for assigning tasks to ECE students and volunteers as necessary, and attending monthly staff meetings. Adhere to staff and parent policies as set by the Board of Directors.
- ECE Diploma or Degree or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- WHMIS Certificate.
- Health and Safety Training Certificate.
- Ability to obtain an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector’s Check dated within 6 months of employment.
- Experience in licensed Child Care work and activities.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with other staff and the public.
- Ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Is enthusiastic, flexible, dedicated and dependable.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use professional judgment on a daily basis within guidelines established by the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, regional and program policies.
Candidates are asked to submit a letter of intent no later than 4:00pm on
Friday May 4th, 2018 to: email@example.com
Attention: Colleen Lehnen, Executive Director
Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centre
640 New Hampshire Street
JHCCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.