Full-time, Part-time Temporary and Permanent Positions
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Child Care Centre, the successful applicant will be responsible for implementing “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years (2014)” as the document for the purpose of guiding licensed child care programs under subsection 55 (3) of the CCEYA. The successful applicant for the position will be placed on the RECE grid of the employee agreement, hours will be set by the supervisor and may vary as program dictates. Start date to be confirmed at a later date. Information on specific jobs will be announced at the interview.
Ability to use the document titled “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years (2014) to guide your practice. All staff are responsible for understanding and implementing in their daily practice “Intentional Joyfulness ~ Working in Reflective Ways in JHCCC Classrooms ~ Our Living Document”. Assign tasks to ECE students and volunteers as necessary. Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings. Adhere to all policies as set by the Board of Directors.
- ECE Diploma or Degree or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Valid Standard First Aid & Infant and Child CPR Certificate
- Certified in the use of an environmental rating scale
- Experience in developmentally appropriate curriculum implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff and the public
- Ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, dedication and dependability
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use professional judgment on a daily basis within guidelines established by the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, regional and program policies
Candidates are asked to submit a resume and letter of application with updated professional development, no later than 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 to: email@example.com
Attention: Presence Speakman, Administrative Assistant
Woodland Park Child Care Centre
555 Ellis Rd.