Hours: Shifts scheduled Monday to Friday to meet program needs
Location: Various Childcare Centre locations in Kitchener - https://ywkw.ca/early-learning-childcare
Pay Rate: 20.056 per hour
Start Date: ASAP (We have an ongoing need to add Supply staff to our team.)
As a member of our dynamic Early Learning & Childcare team, you will provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time childcare staff and program participants:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- Take an active role as part of the Centre’s professional child care team
- Provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families and act as a positive role model for both
- Ensure the health and safety of the children
- Maintains professional relations with members of the community of effect and or affected by our program while maintaining confidentiality of clients as outlined in the YW policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as reasonably assigned
You have …
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the area of Early Childhood Education and development
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent (asset)
- Previous experience working with children
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Child Care and Early Years Act and use of environmental assessment tools
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, parents, children, and the public
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level-C certification
- Up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Check documentation
- Vaccine Verification - As a condition of employment you are required to provide confirmation that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or have proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the YW Kitchener-Waterloo.
Apply: Online at any time through Indeed https://indeedhi.re/3VVF5hH or in writing to: YW Children’s Services, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Guiding Principles:
We respect the dignity and worth of individuals.
We value diversity among people.
We acknowledge the holistic nature of human needs–body, mind, and spirit.
We respect the fundamental right to self-determination.
We ensure that women are respected, their voices are heard, and their issues are addressed.
We focus clearly, but not exclusively, on women and girls.
We act with integrity and are accountable to our community.