2 Full time positions - preschool classroom
1 Supply position
FunCare Learning Centre is a mainly play based, emergent program which is inspired by philosophies and approaches to learning such as Reggio Emilia, Waldorf and Montessori. We value the importance of and provide opportunities for both unstructured and structured learning experiences throughout our day in both our toddler and preschool classrooms. We believe in and follow the guidelines of the ELECT Document and the How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years Document (2014).
It is our mission is to create and provide a safe, inclusive, and fun environment where children feel comfortable to learn, let their voices be heard, and explore their natural inquiries and ideas freely. For our educators and children to become partners and collaborators in learning, so that we enable our children to feel empowered and inspired to be and feel at best within themselves and their communities.
If you possess the qualification requirements and these beliefs and values align with yours, we welcome your application to join our team!
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Criminal Reference with Venerable sector check required
- Up to date immunizations including TB testing
(Included but not limited to)
- Provide continuous and attentive supervision and engagement of children.
- Adhere to FunCare Learning Centre’s policies and procedures.
- Provide and maintain a safe, secure, organized and clean learning environment
- Ensure health, safety and all quality-of-care standards are met according to Public Health, Regional and Ministry of Education guidelines
- Program planning and implementation.
- Maintain daily attendance, documentation and other reports/records as required.
- Assist with children’s meals and snacks including set up and clean up.
- Ability to work as a team. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues effectively and respectfully.
- Have FUN!!
Our Centre is in the beautiful town of Elmira, located just 10 minutes outside of Waterloo
RECE starting rate 20.00 per hour (18.00 + 2.00 Wage enhancement)