Start Date: May 2022 – July 2022
Jacob Hespeler Child Care is hiring summer students for all 7 of our locations in Waterloo Region (Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, and Elmira).
Summer Student Rate: $15.00/hour plus 4% vacation pay
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Child Care Centre, the successful applicant will be responsible for implementing “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years (2014)” as the document for the purpose of guiding licensed child care programs under subsection 55 (3) of the CCEYA. Adhere to all policies and procedures as set by the JHCCC Board of Directors.
- Currently between 18 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level C Certificate
- An original Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated within 6 months prior to being hired
- Certificates of completion of WHMIS and Health and Safety Training
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (2 dose minimum)
- Able to communicate effectively with the ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties
- Organized and Dependable
- Enthusiastic, Flexible, and Dedicated
- A passion for life-long learning
- Knowledge of the pedagogical documentation cycle and implementing emergent curriculum is considered an asset
- Ability to use professional judgment daily within guidelines established by the College of Early Childhood Educators, Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, The Waterloo Region, and program policies
For more information about our programs, locations, and philosophy of early learning, please visit: www.jhchildcare.com
Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.