New location: Opening September 6, 2022
80 Tartan Ave
Kitchener, ON N2R 0N6
Vision: Every child is valued and reaches their full potential
Mission: Rising Oaks Early Learning provides nurturing play-based early learning to support each child in realizing their potential while giving families peace of mind.
What's special about RisingOaks Early Learning?
A place where discovery becomes second nature; we believe that every child has the right to thrive.
Formerly Owl Child Care Services of Ontario, we are now RisingOaks Early Learning Ontario — a registered charity and one of the largest centre-based, early learning and care providers in Waterloo Region. We provide early learning and care for children from birth to 12 years old.
The future of early learning and care is evolving, and RisingOaks Early Learning Ontario is leading the way. RisingOaks operates eight early learning and care centres, plus 11 satellite before and after school programs across Waterloo Region, with ~ 200 employees.
Our educators are experts in supporting lifelong learning for each and every RisingOaks child. We know that early learning experiences through play create well-rounded, healthy people as they grow and make their mark on the world.
We build the foundation for learning, at the most pivotal time of a child's growth and development. Preparing them at this stage for a lifetime of learning is the key to their future. In essence, our expert educators help children learn how to learn, so that as they progress through their education, they are better prepared to flourish and succeed as a result of the joy of learning we provide.
About the Position:
- The Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) collaborates closely with all other members of the program team to provide nurturing play-based early learning to support each child in realizing their potential while giving families peace of mind.
- Job duties are performed in accordance with RisingOaks' Program Statement, policies, values and beliefs, the Child Care and Early Years Act and the College of ECEs Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, under the supervision of the centre Supervisor.
- To plan and implement a program that will meet the developmental, social, emotional and physical needs of each child.
- To form and maintain a positive relationship with parents, co-workers, student teachers and professionals from other organizations.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registration, in good standing, of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Practicum experience in a child care setting gained through post-secondary program or equivalent
- Standard First Aid and CPR (level C) training
Why join the team at RisingOaks Early Learning
- Competitive compensation
- College of Early Childhood Education membership paid for
- Paid professional development
- Paid sick and personal days
- Comprehensive benefits program including extended health and dental
- RRSP Matching Program
- Paid Christmas closure
- Opportunities for career advancement
RisingOaks Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer and committed to supporting a culture of diversity, accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex or sexual orientation. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process. Alternate formats of this document are available upon request.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a clear Police Records Check.