(3 positions to fill)
82 Chalk St. N., Seaforth, ON, Canada N0K 1W0
- Develop and implement emergent curriculum programming that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children, based on the foundational ELECT and How Does Learning Happen Pedagogy.
- Set the stage by providing exploration activities based on the children’s interest, following the child’s lead, engaging in literacy opportunities, facilitating diversity and cultural inclusion, and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music, and physical activity.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the overall health, inclusion, sense of belonging, caring, expression security and well-being of children in an engaging manner
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish and maintain positive, supportive, and collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- Plan and implement child lead and emergent based programming for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours.
- Create and maintain written documentation of observations, programming, attendance records, health checks and daily written logs for children in your program room.
- Perform and maintain up to date and cleaning logs as a requirement of our policies.
- Understand and implement Child Care Centre Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act Regulations (CCEYA)
- Engage in mandatory and non-mandatory professional development opportunities.
- Post Secondary Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Registered & in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR level "C”
Please email cover letter and resume to the attention of Alenka Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org