35 Hours / Week (Monday-Friday)
Location – Town of Parry Sound
Employment with the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board offers an opportunity to make a positive contribution to our community. Providing caring human services, we are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, employee growth and development, and providing exceptional service.
We are seeking a Child Care Supervisor to assume responsibility for the day-to-day operation and administration of the childcare programs.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the program(s) through organization, planning resourcing and performance management.
- Supervises assigned staff to ensure work is performed in compliance with legislation and Board policies.
- Ensure activities that are stimulating and appropriate to the needs and ages of the children are planned and implemented using the Ministry of Education Pedagogy.
- Ensure appropriate daily programming for all children by maintaining adequate and appropriate staff to meet licensing requirements.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with Provincial Ministry representatives, community partners and parents.
- Ensure that records and documentation concerning child development are maintained with the program, and parental contacts are current.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all regulations that fall under Supervisors’ responsibilities in the Health & Safety Act.
- Report Serious Occurrences to the Ministry and other relevant parties.
- Assume responsibility for the appearance, décor and learning environment of the childcare centre.
- Ensure that food preparation adheres to all health inspection recommendations and follows the current Canada’s Food Guide.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in the area of Early Childhood Education, an Early Childhood Education Diploma.
- Current Member of the College of ECE.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity or 5 years experience in a related childcare field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the staff and activities of the child care programs.
- Ability to budget for and administer the operations of the childcare programs
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills in emotional intelligence and coaching.
- Strong computer literacy skills in a Windows environment and ability to work with new computer technology.
- Ability to work as a team member of the Directly Operated Child Care Programs division.
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR.
- Ability to travel throughout the District as required.
Salary Range: $83,235.93 - $102,369.69 annually
Comprehensive benefit package
(Extended health care including Dental & Vision)
Paid Leaves and Vacation
OMERS Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP
Manager of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.