The Waterloo Region District School Board is currently seeking applications for “Emergency Supply Educators (ESE)” specifically for Full Day Kindergarten and Extended Day Programs.
Reporting to the principal, the ESE deployed will implement the full day early learning program, and provide age appropriate learning activities for groups of children as required. Opportunities to work shifts within the hours of 7:00 AM – 6:00PM will be available.
Successful candidates for the Emergency Supply Educator position will be working on an “on call” basis.
Must be enrolled in post-secondary education in the field of Social Science; preferably enrolled in an apprenticeship or concurrent education program.
Applications and supporting documentation stating qualifications and experience, including a copy of your current registration of continued post secondary education must be included in your portfolio.
Selected candidates must be available to attend the interview. There will be no phone interviews.
Only those with the required qualifications will receive consideration for an interview. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources staff will only respond to inquiries from applicants selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
• Partner with the classroom teacher and other designated staff to plan and implement age appropriate inside and outdoor curriculum-based activities;
• Maintain a healthy, physical, emotional and social learning context for students;
• Provide a variety of play-based experiences to strengthen self-regulation, early literacy and numeracy skills.
• Supervise and assist children in washroom routines and toileting/diapering, dressing and outdoor play during nutrition breaks;
• Maintain appropriate records for students (e.g. health, attendance, etc.);
• Collaborate and maintain set-up of classroom (e.g. display, organization of materials etc.);
• Perform basic non-intrusive medical interventions as needed and directed;
• Communicate with parents and school staff as appropriate;
• Complete any duties as assigned by the principal.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSTING:
• Go to www.applytoeducation.com
• Create an account
• Customize your portfolio by completing sections [Cover Letter, Resume, Qualifications, letter of reference etc.]
• To make your profile visible to the WRDSB, go to the Administration tab and click on the Purchase credit section. Select WRDSB and pay $12 (this credit allows you to send your application to as many positions for the WRDSB for one year)
• Click on the position name and scroll to the bottom of the posting and click ‘Apply.’
Please do not apply to this posting if you do not hold the appropriate qualifications.
The successful candidate must complete the following prior to commencing work:
• Provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check
• Pass the required Physical Demands Test
• Attend a scheduled orientation session
*This position is not covered by a collective agreement*
"The WRDSB is committed to equity for all students and staff, and to delivering the highest quality education through a qualified workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations in the hiring process to support applicants with disabilities."