HOURS: Full time (evenings & weekends as required)
FUNCTION: To create and deliver quality programs and services for families and children ages 0 – 6 years in a welcoming, stimulating, and safe environment.
- Provide appropriate guidance, information and direction to parents/caregivers
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Ensure that a diversified program is developed that supports and nurtures the development of the child while supporting the unique needs of the parent, caregivers and families
- Set-up program areas that result in an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Provide positive child guidance
- Responsible for maintaining all data collection protocols
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- 3-6 months of experience in programming with children and families preferred
- RECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- Membership in the College of Early Childhood Educators
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Knowledge of Healthy Child Development
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable sector or willingness to obtain at own cost
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results.
Initiative: Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue gathering and processing relevant information to come up with possible solutions. Selects appropriate responses, and implements them.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted through email only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 09-2018, to:
Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 29th, 2018 at noon.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.