Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
Status: Summer Student - 7 week position
The Early Years Assistant will report to the Registered ECE/Parent Educator. They will be assigned to assist in specific programs for children aged birth to six years and their parents and caregivers throughout the week. If you are a student in an Early Childhood Development program or have an interest in applying to one, please apply.
Access to a vehicle would be an asset.
- Assists with program planning and implementing program activities with staff person in program
- Ensures program spaces are set up with direction from the facilitator in program
- Maintains a safe, positive enriching environment for children through play and age-appropriate activities
- Ensures program space is cleaned up after each session
- Follows Guelph CHC’s policies: Actions, Beliefs and Commitments
- Document children’s play with direction from facilitator in program
- Communicates with the facilitator re program concerns
- Guide play through the principals of How Does Learning Happen
- Varies from site to site with locations all over Guelph
- Some programs may be outdoors
- Noise levels may be moderate to high
- Multi-tasking pressures required during program
- Student of an Early Childhood Education Program or an intent to apply to an Early Childhood Education program
- The ability to interact with children birth to six years and their parents
- Basic knowledge of Attachment Theory, an asset but not required
- Experience working with groups of children and parents, an asset
- Good communication and listening skills with both children and adults
- Highly motivated and energetic, reliable and committed
- Flexible schedule throughout the week
- Understand the need for confidentiality in dealing with clients
- Some experience with MS Office
- Access to vehicle would be an asset
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter,
outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements..
before 5:00 p.m. on May 31st, 2017.
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
Lynn Bestari, Guelph Community Health Centre
435 Stone Rd West, Guelph, ON N1G 2X6
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank, in advance, those who apply, but will contact only those who qualify for interviews.
We require that all finalist applicants undergo a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen through their local Police Services Branch prior to start date.