• Diploma in Early Childhood Education, and registered with the Ontario College if Early Childhood Educators
• Have knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA)
• Knowledge of licensing regulations; (inc. Public Health, Fire and Ministry of Labour regulations; & Upper Grand School Board regulations)
Your job description would include...
• Establish, implement and promote a program that aligns with the Emergent philosophy and “How Does Learning Happen” document.
• Develop and implement a child-care program that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity;
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, or guardians and complete the appropriate forms to access the community supports for the child, family, & program.
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or concerns with parents and Board of Directors when necessary.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Board of Directors and community service providers working with children.
We look forward to hearing from you!!