Do you want to join a charity that is striving to make our diverse communities healthier and more vibrant?
As our community’s largest not-for-profit Child Care provider, the YMCA plays a leading role in providing quality care and education for young children. We can have a lasting impact on their ability to become healthy contributing members of our community. This is where you come in.
What you will do in this role:
- Create a sense of belonging for children and families to support development and well-being.
- Plan and consistently implement YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Enhance and protect children’s play experiences.
- Observe, be sensitively involved, carefully guide, extend, and scaffold play.
What you will bring to this role:
- The completion of an Early Childhood Education diploma program and be registered with College of Early Childhood Educators.
- If you don’t have the above, then another credential for us to consider, such as: Recreation & Leisure, Child & Youth Worker, Ontario College of Teachers, or Social Services Worker.
- Experience working with children in a child-centred curriculum setting.
- A commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment, responding with sensitivity and awareness to diverse needs.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills, the ability to use good judgement and problem-solve, and strong professional conduct.
- An up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification, successful completion of Vulnerable Police Records Check within the last six months, and up-to-date immunizations including a TB test.
Why you should consider working for the YMCA of Three Rivers:
- We value equity, inclusiveness, empathy, respect, and accountability.
- We are a local organization and part of a global movement.
- We have an excellent pension plan available to all employees and a comprehensive benefit plan for full time employees.
- We provide access to several continuous professional learning opportunities at no cost and opportunities for growth within the Y.
- We offer a competitive wage plus government wage enhancement where eligible.
Please note we are currently following Public health and Government guidelines related to COVID 19 both for our interview process and while working. Interviews will be done virtually and any entrance into a facility will be subject to health screening.
The YMCA of Three Rivers embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.