Salary Range: Salary Range $25.89 - $30.01;
Starting Salary $25.89 35 hours/week
Posting Date: December 15, 2021,
Closing Date: December 22, 2021
Vacancy Type: Support Staff Temporary Full-time Appendix D Contract Replacement Position (January 2022 – May 29, 2023)
Are you an Early Childhood Educator who is passionate about their field and interested in sharing their skills with others?
In Conestoga’s dynamic environment, Early Childhood Educators collaborate within our unique lab school setting to model the philosophy taught in Conestoga’s Early Learning programs, connecting the childcare experience with the academic environment.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive pay, an opportunity to join the pension plan, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
Our successful candidate will work out of the Conestoga College Doon Child Development Centre, located at 299 Doon Valley Drive, Kitchener, ON.
- Plan and adapt the program and environment to meet the needs of individual children as well as the group
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide supervision to all play areas and all experiences/routines that occur
- Plan, implement, and document experiences that meet the interests and developmental needs of the children
- Observe and document the development of the children
- Interact positively with children and adults
- Uphold the Child Care and Early Years Act and the Centre’s staff handbook
- Model appropriate curriculum strategies as taught in the ECE Program
- Share information and observations with supervisor
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with parents
- Participate in the initial intake process
- Meet with parents privately at their request or when necessary to share more detailed information about their child’s progress
- Communicate respectfully while upholding confidentiality
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and professional development activities
- Offer support and assistance to other staff in the childcare centre
- Share knowledge and expertise
- Report unusual situations (i.e., accidents, parent requests/concerns, schedule changes, etc.) to supervisor