- To plan and provide a Child and Parent program that supports the development of adaptive problem solving and decision making skills, positive self-esteem, independence and trust
- To ensure a safe environment for the children while in the care of the Creative Play Worker
- To provide or arrange for first aid in case of emergency
- To work in a single staffed capacity
- To establish and maintain rapport with parents and respond to their inquiries, suggestions, and concerns
- To respect the confidentiality of children and their families
- To follow all policies and procedures of the YW
- To maintain relevant records.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education would be an asset
- Standard first Aid and CPR-C certification
- Standard food Safety l--landler's Certificate
- Knowledge of child development, and experience of working with high-needs women and children
- Knowledge of mental and physical health issues and developmentally appropriate practices
- Experience working with school-aged children
- Experience working with at-risk youth
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Pay rate: Hours:
$21.69 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits 10 hours a week (evening hours)
I-lours may vary and are subject to change during holidays and school breaks
Please respond in writing by September 09, 2021 to:
Waterloo, ON N2J 4S7
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.