Early Years Education System (EYES) Kitchener
1284 Ottawa Street South, Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Ensure center complies with the Ministry of Education Child Care and Early Years Act and the Region of Waterloo criteria
- Plan and Adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and implements quality programming for children ages 12m-6y.
- Develop and grow philosophies and practices to meet the children's needs
- Foster an environment that respects children’s strengths, rights and needs
- Provide ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur.
- Maintain accurate records on each child including medical, consent forms, and attendance records
- Make sure safety and cleanliness maintained in the classrooms and in the center
- Maintain ongoing and regular communication with parents.
- Reporting to, and communicating closely with the Supervisor
- Ability to work as an effective team member, fostering a child-centered, family-friendly atmosphere
- Communicating and supporting families, with a high ESL component and diverse cultural backgrounds.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear criminal reference check and up to date immunization records required
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Sandbox
- Ability to delegate responsibilities where appropriate
- Strong verbal and written communications, creativity, interpersonal skills, time management, and organizational abilities
- Familiarity with different culture, traditions and practices is an asset
- Team Player
- Montessori experience an asset
Job type -12 month contract(maternity leave) December/January start date.