This position is being offered on an on-call/relief basis.
We are proud to operate three quality child care centers where our employees provide a meaningful contribution to the lives of children and families. The Regional Child Care Centers provide an enriched child care environment that nurtures and foster’s each child’s development by providing the highest quality
programs in an inclusive setting.
As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. You will make a meaningful contribution on the lives of children by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere.
A Diploma in Early Childhood Education from a recognized community college is required, along with current Standard First Aid certification including infant and child CPR. Experience in a child care centre and working with children and their families with developmental delays is preferred. Must demonstrate a high level of
professionalism by providing strong customer service, ability to listen and respond appropriately to children, families and coworkers. Working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act regulations is required. French language, additional languages and computer literacy are preferred. A combination of skills and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current one-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by your first day of employment. Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. You may need to lift up to 50 pounds and attend additional meetings in the evening.
- Ensures that all actions and activities meet the CCEYA regulations.
- Maintains application of Health and Safety Standards.
- Supports projects and curriculum based activities under the leadership of the classroom Early Childhood Educator/Supervisor.
- Ensures the activities required for project based emergent curriculum are documented, maintained and utilized when planning activities for the children in your group.
- Prepares, maintains, and supervises classroom and playground activities.
- Collaborates with Resource Consultants concerning implementation, set up of programs and activities for children with special needs.
- Advises the Supervisor of pertinent information concerning children and their families.
- Supervises field trips and community outings as required.
- Prepares and handles food according to standardized recipes to ensure food quality, safety, and quantity, as required.
- Performs duties as an Early Childhood Educator, as required.
- Performs housekeeping duties, as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posting Expires: December 31, 2021
Posting #: SS-36-20
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.