The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduation, plus an additional Early Childhood Education Diploma or a letter of equivalency issued by the Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario.
- Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing.
- Over two years of related full time experience in a direct supervisory/management and/or adult education capacity in the children’s early years’ sector.
- Ability to recommend changes to established methods or procedures.
- Ability to solve complex problems by creating and recommending a wide range of possible solutions.
- Working knowledge of accounting functions, including but not limited to recording revenues and expenditures, and working within an allotted budget for events and resources.
- Ability to coach and mentor in an inclusive and collaborative manner.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and critical reflection skills.
- Strong presentation planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse client group in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Effective time management and decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development and growth.
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of computers, software, programmes and databases, including Microsoft Powerpoint and Publisher.
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #023-21 by Friday, March 5 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: email@example.com or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.