Company: YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo
Location: 145 Lincoln Rd. Waterloo, ON N2J 2N8
WAGE: $13.828 per hour
HOURS: 30 hours per week (Program does not operate during March break, July and August)
Duties, Would include but are not limited to:
- Daily set up of activities, and inspection and maintenance/cleaning of toys and equipment
- Receiving the children and checking their health on arrival
- To ensure the health and safety of the children while in your care
- Responsible for supervising daily activities and routines
- Responding sensitively to the cultural heritage and individual experiences of the children
- Maintaining effective communication with parents, staff and coordinator
- The successful candidate will be dedicated, sensitive and safety conscious
- Minimum of one year work experience with children ranging from infancy to senior kindergarten age, or equivalent education
- Must be certified in First Aid and C.P.R.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Applications must be forwarded in writing, indicating how you became aware of this posting, by February 7, 2013 to:
Sandra Schoemaker, Coordinator
145 Lincoln Rd.
Waterloo, ON N2J 2N8
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.