applications for temporary part-time Lincoln Road Supportive Housing
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- To plan and provide a Child and Parent program that supports the development of adaptive problem solving and decision making skills, positive self-esteem, independence and trust
- To ensure a safe environment for the children while in the care of the Creative Play Worker
- To provide or arrange for first aid in case of emergency
- To work in a single staffed capacity
- To establish and maintain rapport with parents and respond to their inquiries, suggestions, and concerns
- To respect the confidentiality of children and their families
- To follow all policies and procedures of the YW
- To maintain relevant records.
- Students working towards completing their degree/diploma
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Standard Food Safety Handler’s Certificate
- Knowledge of child development, and experience of working with high-needs women and children
- Knowledge of mental and physical health issues and developmentally appropriate practices
- Experience working with school-aged children
- Experience working with at-risk youth
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Pay rate: $21.69 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 10 hours a week (evening hours)
Hours may vary and are subject to change during holidays and school breaks
Please respond in writing by October 20, 2021 to:
Sheneka Myers, Program Coordinator
YW Support Housing (Lincoln Road)
155 Lincoln Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 4S7
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.