Starting Thursday, September 8th, 2022
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
- Ensuring the rules and regulations of the Care for Newcomer Children program are followed
- Delivery of a child centered program and preparing nutritious snacks
- Attend professional development workshops as required by the funder
- Communicating regularly with staff and supervisor
- Collaborate with staff to develop and implement age-appropriate programming
- Attend and contribute to monthly staff meetings
- Contribute to written reports and documentation
- Complete other related duties as assigned by Program Manager
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) or experience working in a childcare setting
- Standard CPR/First Aid
- Current certificate in Standard CPR/First Aid
- Knowledge of current trends in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Committed to providing quality inclusive childcare programming
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods; and must be able to physically assist children as
- Required (e.g. lifting)
- Demonstrated knowledge of classroom management
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) of 5544
- Good Standing with the College of ECE’s
- Knowledge and experience working in a LINC program
- Excellent Communication and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working in all program areas (e.g. infants, toddlers)
- Fluent in a Second language
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office, outlook)
- Understanding of “How Does Learning Happen
Hours of Work:28 hours per week Monday – Friday, September to June. Hours of Work: 8:15 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Main Campus -80 Young St Kitchener ON
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Please see the Application Process below.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Application Process: Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com
Please ensure all documentation required is submitted - “incomplete applications are not considered”
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until June 20th at 9:00 am
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.