SERVICE AREA: Community Services
POSITION: Child Care Teacher
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Child Care Centre
HOURS: Part Time (2 – 5 hours daily, before & after school hours/evenings & weekends as required)
SALARY: $16.03 per hour
START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: To create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Days Nursery Act and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Be responsible for communicating with parents
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Work with team members to ensure that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set-up classroom for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Be responsible for written communication consisting of attendance and accident reports, daily communication book recording messages, and the maintenance of information sheets on each child
- Administer medication as per requirements
- Prepare developmental profiles and conduct parent-teacher interviews as required
- Provide positive child guidance
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Available Before and After School hours
- Acceptable Police Check
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
NOTE: If internal candidates are interested in an opportunity to work at another centre, we invite you to apply by the deadline. Should there be a domino effect, there will not be another posting. Please express your interest with this posting for any future Child Care Teaching positions that may become available through this posting.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or Fax to: 519-576-6223
Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices,
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, November 9, 2015 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.