HOURS: Fixed Term Contract to May 2018
START DATE: May 2017
FUNCTION: This incumbent is responsible to create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 (CCEYA), curriculum and program model expectations (Playing To Learn, Place To Connect, How Does Learning Happen) and follow YMCA policies and procedures. Provide support and assistance on the daily operations of the centre.
- Follow the guidelines/expectations of the CCEYA , Extended Day and Youth Development Programs as defined by the school board and YMCA Policy and Procedures
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming. Provide positive child guidance.
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals.
- Responsible for communicating with parents and on site partners, agencies.
- Work with team members to prepare a quality program that meets appropriate developmental needs of the children.
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements. Prepare developmental profiles and conduct parent-teacher interviews as required
- Ensures that a diversified program is developed with established routines that support and nurtures the development of the child.
- Set-up classroom environment for children that is welcoming with various age appropriate toys and activities.
- Maintains open lines of communication with all staff, parents and external contacts.
- Maintain parent and child relationships on a daily basis and provide ongoing parent education and information.
- Responsible for daily administration, including documentation of centre occurrences, attendance and curriculum projects as required.
- Administer medication as per requirements.
- Communicate with Supervisor when support/guidance is required for difficult situations regarding the children.
- Act as primary lead in defined curriculum grouping(s).
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- RECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Familiar with the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 (CCEYA)
- Proven computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Available before and after school hours
- Driver’s license and vehicle required to travel to site locations
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector or willingness to obtain at own cost
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork. Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
When applying, please quote posting number JP 44-2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, April 17th , 2017, by noon
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embraces diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca . Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.