CASUAL CHILDCARE WORKER
- To provide classroom coverage
- To provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time childcare staff with daily centre routines and in the delivery of stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based programming
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent would be an asset
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $16.50 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: as needed Monday to Friday
Please respond in writing by December 9, 2014 to indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Elaine Bridgwater, Coordinator
YWCA Jean Steckle Childcare Centre
130 Woodbine Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2R 1X9
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.