Position: Pre-School Teacher (2 to 4 year old children)
When: Beginning in early August, 2015 to mid June 2017 ( Two year contract renewable).
Description of the School:
- CISP is an International School in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, following a pre-school Canadian curriculum (ELECT), with Canadian standards, and teaching methods.
- CISP is the first step in an amazing learning journey planned for students from 18 months to 18 years of age. A new school is presently being constructed on Diamond Island, Phnom Penh.
- The facility is a bright, spacious, newly renovated building, with a garden playground and a swimming pool. Ten classrooms are now open. See www.cisp.edu.kh
- Fully furnished accommodations in a new condominium complex that is within a very short walking distance of the school( Pool and Gym).
- Laptop provided for lesson planning convenience.
- Comparable international school salary to top schools in Phnom Penh.
- Work environment meets or exceeds international school standards - work hours, preparation periods and class sizes.
- Medical and sick leave at international standard.
- Teachers hired from abroad will be provided with $2000 air fare to and from the country of origin, yearly.
- Teachers must develop lesson plans and activities from an outcome based, Canadian Early Years curriculum, provided by the school. Curriculum is based on current research and expectations.
- Must be willing to be part of a team. Flexibility and interpersonal skills are important.
- Must be culturally sensitive, as students come from a wide variety of nationalities.
- Must be able to create materials for teaching
- Must be able to use basic technology to support teaching.
- Must support the whole school environment with talents and leadership skills.
- Must be willing to explore new ideas in education and be reflective practitioners.
- Class sizes are kept within true international standards.
- Preparation periods are provided within the school day.
- Classrooms are well equipped and supported with resources.
- Best combination: Undergraduate Degree or some undergraduate level courses from a recognized accredited foreign university plus an Early Childhood Certificate (or the equivalent) from a fully accredited recognized, foreign college.
- First Language English Speakers preferred.
- Bachelor of Education Degree not necessary but may be given preference.
- Early childhood experience. Early childhood practicum is acceptable, with references.
- Applicants without a undergraduate university degree , but having stellar ECE education and experience, will be considered seriously for this age level.
- Must have additional personal references.
- Criminal Record Check or equivalent.
- Up to date passport
Applications must be made to:
Principal of CISP, Donna Trafford at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include resume, cover letter, copies of certification and references. Interviews will be held on SKYPE or in person. The school website at www.cisp.edu.kh will give applicants more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Two Conestoga graduates are already employed at CISP and can be contacted for further information at email@example.com