Main Job responsibilities:
- Under the guidance and direction of the Early Years Manager, plan, develop and deliver high quality play based, child centered programs that promote early learning and support children’s holistic development from birth to 6 years.
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment that supports a sense of belonging for children and their families.
- Assisting families in accessing information and community resources related to child development and early learning.
- Must be enrolled in Community College or University program focusing on child development, early learning or family support e.g. Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Child and Family Studies, Child and Youth worker, Education Assistant program. Experience and/or education related to children pre birth-6 years of age and their families.
- Standard CPR/First Aid required
- Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and/or experience with emergent curriculum, play based learning and early learning pedagogy, specifically the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen? document.
- Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understand a variety of cultures and value systems, and provide inclusive programs and non-judgmental support.
- French or other second language an asset
Eligibility: This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program, so students must:
- Be between the ages of 15‐30 years at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as a full time student in the 16/17 academic year and intend to return to school
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom have refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
Hours of work: Hours of work: Monday-Thursday 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m., and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. -7:30p.m.
This position is for 30 hours/week with a start date of May 29, 2017 and end date August 24, 2017.
If interested, please e-mail resume to email@example.com or fax resume to 519- 571 – 0621. Deadline for application: Friday May 19, 2017
For this funded position we encourage applications from students who are members of a Canada Summer
Jobs Program priority group which includes students with disabilities and/or from visible minority groups, and/or aboriginal students.
We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.