Start Date: November 1, 2017
Company Description: Bright Starts Co-operative Early Learning Centre Inc. is a registered non-profit charitable organization with a licenced operating capacity for 186 children ranging in age from 0 – 7 years. Bright Starts CCELC strives to promote a positive, safe, loving, nurturing and home-like atmosphere where the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of our children is of the utmost importance. We encourage mutual respect, patience and creativity in an inclusive environment while viewing children as competent, capable, curious and rich in potential. Using How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years (2014) to guide our programing and pedagogy. We provide a positive framework to support our children and families in an environment that promotes belonging, engagement, expression, and well-being.
- ECE Diploma or Degree as recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Clear Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Adhere to the Child Care Early Years Act, 2014 as well all Bright Starts CELC policies and procedures.
- Implement the approaches as communicated within our Program Statement
- Ensure children are properly supervised at all times
- Nurture children’s healthy development and well-being
- Cultivate partnerships with parents where relationships are respectful of structure, culture, values, language and knowledge
- Support children’s growing sense of self
- Create environments and experiences to engage children in active, creative, and meaningful exploration, play, and inquiry
- Allow children to actively explore, investigate, take manageable risks, and engage in creative problem-solving
- Appreciate that children have unique needs and a variety of learning styles, methods of understanding and constructing knowledge
- Engage in constructive relationships with community agencies
- Remain current in professional knowledge, skills and values
- Participate in ongoing assessments of our environment
Stacey Reid, Executive Director
Thank you for your interest in Bright Starts CELC, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.