1 GROH AVENUE, CAMBRIDGE N3C 1Y6
RECE – FULL TIME
Due to growing enrollment, Brason Academy Montessori School is seeking a full time CASA teacher with immediate availability. Candidate must be Registered Early Childhood Educator. Knowledge and experience in a Montessori early learning setting is an asset. The RECE is responsible for implementing Brason Montessori's quality programming, overseeing daily reports and documentation, as well as classroom organization.
- Provide the children with a “prepared environment” which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom
- Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Instruct children in each area of the classroom: giving presentations and lessons in each area including Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture
- Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization
- Identify, select, and modify work in the room to meet the needs of children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
- Implement the progress of each child through individual lessons and record keeping (observations)
- Follows the behaviour management guidelines as outlined in our school policy
- Conduct two parent/teacher per year unless additional reviews are deemed necessary
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and co workers
- Participate in all open houses and school led initiatives
- Responsible for diaper changing and/or assisting with toileting while demonstrating respect for the child
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops
- CASA / Toddler teachers must hold MACTE accreditation and certification, or a Registered ECE with a passion for children is required.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with preschool age children.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of “How Does Learning Happen? - Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”
- Demonstrate a good understanding of children’s growth and development
- Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- ECE Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification
- Updated Immunization and a current TB Screening
- Recent and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector)
Have your phone number and contact details on the resume.