Montessori teacher–FULL TIME
Owing to expansion, Brason Academy Montessori School is seeking a full time Montessori teacher with immediate availability. Candidate must be a certified Montessori teacher. The candidate is responsible for implementing Brason Montessori's quality programming, overseeing daily reports and documentation, as well as classroom organization.
Provide the children with a “prepared environment” which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom
Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional, and academic areas
Instruct children in each area of the classroom: giving presentations and lessons in each area including Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture
Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization
Identify, select, and modify work in the room to meet the needs of children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
Implement the progress of each child through individual lessons and record keeping (observations)
Follows the behaviour management guidelines as outlined in our school policy
Conduct two parent/teacher per year unless additional reviews are deemed necessary
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and co workers
Participate in all open houses and school led initiatives
Responsible for diaper changing and/or assisting with toileting while demonstrating respect for the child
Performs other duties as assigned
Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops
- CASA / Toddler teachers must hold MACTE accreditation and certification with a passion for children is required.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with preschool and/or toddler age children.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of “How Does Learning Happen? - Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”
- Demonstrate a good understanding of children’s growth and development
- Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
Other Mandatory Requirements
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification
- Updated Immunization and a current TB Screening
- Recent and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector)
Please apply with your resume to email@example.com before 18 July 2018
Have your phone number and contact details on the resume.