Brason Academy Montessori School is seeking a full time RECE with immediate availability. The candidate is expected to work for approximately 40 hours per week and will be responsible for implementing Brason Montessori's quality programming, overseeing daily reports and documentation, as well as classroom organization.
- Provide the children with a “prepared environment” which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom
- Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Instruct children in each area of the classroom: giving presentations and lessons in each area including Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture
- Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization
- Identify, select, and modify work in the room to meet the needs of children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
- Implement the progress of each child through individual lessons and record keeping (observations)
- Follows the behaviour management guidelines as outlined in our school policy
- Conduct two parent/teacher per year unless additional reviews are deemed necessary
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and co workers
- Participate in all open houses and school led initiatives
- Responsible for diaper changing and/or assisting with toileting while demonstrating respect for the child
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops
Prospective candidate should be registered with the college of ECE.
Minimum of one-year experience working with preschool and/or toddler age children.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of “How Does Learning Happen? - Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”
Demonstrate a good understanding of children’s growth and development
Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
Other Mandatory Requirements
Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification
Updated Immunization and a current TB Screening
Recent and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector)
Please apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 November 2018
Have your phone number and contact details on the resume.