REPORTS TO: Manager
POSITION AVAILABLE: January 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Raising the Bar Peel team, the Mentor will demonstrate a commitment to Best Practice. The mentor will provide support to supervisors and staff through networking and professional education opportunities while recognizing the challenges, and supporting the diverse and unique culture of programs.
The key components of this position are to:
- promote the Raising the Bar program in the community and recruit new members to the program
- enable participants to achieve benchmarks and enhance the quality of programs for children
- ensure the use of quality assurance tools and provide ongoing specialized support to achieve and maintain standards
- promote, provide and facilitate professional education sessions and professional networking groups
- plan and manage community events to promote and support community engagement including annual recognition events and peer review days
- represent Raising the Bar on committees and at community events.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to focus on issues and problem solve while providing service with respect, sensitivity and maintaining confidentiality. To learn more about CDRCP and Raising the Bar visit www.cdrcp.com
- degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education and registered with the College
- experience related to Early Learning and Child supervision, administration and mentoring colleagues
- experience in two or more areas including preschool, schoolage, home child care and/or early years services
- ability to support programs with different philosophies
- demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning
- willingness to work towards becoming the lead Mentor for Raising the Bar
- fluency in French would be an asset
#103 – 75 Watline Avenue, Mississauga, ON, L4Z 3E5
NOTE: We thank-you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.