October 28, 2019
Child Care Worker(s) – Supply List
General Description of Duties:
As a Child Care Worker, you will be available for daily occasional supply assignments. The responsibilities of the position include collaborating with the Early Learning team (including the classroom teacher and /or Extended Day staff) to plan and implement the Early Learning Kindergarten and Extended Day Programs within a classroom.
The Child Care Worker will assist in supporting a faith-based full day Early Learning Kindergarten program and environment to enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social, spiritual and emotional development.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills to function effectively as a team member, and the ability to follow instructions. This position reports to the school principal.
- A secondary high school diploma;
- 18 years of age or over;
- Canadian citizen with Social Insurance Number or valid work permit to be eligible to work in Canada;
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Experience in working or volunteering with young children;
- Experience in delivering age appropriate programs;
- Basic computer competency;
- Listening and problem-solving skills required when dealing with young children;
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and move/carry equipment for program; and must be able to physically assist children as required (e.g. lifting).
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with children, parents, staff and the general public;
- Proven ability to follow organizational policies and procedures in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Consideration will be given to those candidates with a diploma or degree in a program such as Early Childhood Education, Recreation and Leisure Services, psychology, sociology or a student currently enrolled in such a program;
- Assist the classroom teacher and other designated staff to plan and implement the Early Learning Kindergarten and Extended Day program through developmentally appropriate curriculum-based activities;
- Assist the classroom teacher and other designated staff to support individual students’ identified needs, strengths, interests and stages of development;
- Assist the classroom teacher and special education teacher to carry out specialized activities to support learning for children requiring an Individual Education Plan (IEP);
- Collaborate with the Extended Day team to plan play-based learning activities. Activities include but are not limited to crafts, celebrations, outdoor play, free play, etc.
- Maintain a healthy, physical, emotional and social learning context for students;
- Supervise and assist children in washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities;
- Assist and maintain set-up of classroom (e.g. display, organization of materials etc.);
- Complete any duties as assigned by principal.
Rate of Pay: $19.58 per hour (Appendix 2 – CUPE Salary Schedule as at August 31, 2019)
Hours of Work:
- Schedules will vary from school to school and will range from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Daily occasional Child Care Workers are normally called for assignments that range from a start at 8 am to those that end at 6:00 pm.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: www.applytoeducation.com
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your application to be considered as a candidate.
Please ensure all documentation required is submitted - incomplete applications are not considered.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on November 8th, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information on Criminal Background Checks, please refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.