Position: Childcare Worker I
Wage: $18.873 per hour
Hrs/wkly: Temporary, full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Overview of the position: Maternity leave replacement for approx. 9 months
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree or diploma (subject
to approval by the Ministry of Education).
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with infants in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Applications must be forwarded in writing by October 4, 2013 indicating how you became aware of this employment opportunity to;
Andrea Hardy, Coordinator
YWCA St. Paul Childcare Centre
45 Birchcliff Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.